A VoIP conference phone provides a comprehensive conferencing and collaboration service. This makes it quick and easy for people to come together and communicate virtually. Users can see and hear each other using an internet connection. Enterprises leverage VoIP conference phones to transform business and to unify communication.
Such tools provide a lot of benefits to businesses. This includes reducing cost, enabling employee collaboration, and a more flexible environment. Moreover, VoIP conference phones help in improving employee productivity due to easy accessibility of advanced features. They can be virtually configured with any service provider and are very compatible.
In this article, you will explore the best options in 2020 based on the product overviews, unique features, pros, and cons to name a few. This will help you decide on the exceptional business conference phone models for your business.
1. Grandstream GAC2500
The Grandstream GAC2500 is the leading voice over IP conference phone. It can seamlessly integrate multiple meeting spaces and employees across your business network making it a powerful audio conferencing solution. The phone supports up to 6 SIP accounts but also includes WiFi capabilities and Bluetooth integration. The cost for the Grandstream wireless VoIP conference phone is around $449.
It comes with a 4.3-inch touchscreen that makes it easy to use and dial any VoIP number. It also boasts of superb sound quality. Grandstream GAC2500 requires no power adapters since it can be powered through an Ethernet cable. Its Wi-Fi connectivity allows you to seamlessly connect to the internet and integrate with various virtual video conferencing services such as Skype and Zoom.
Moreover, it comes with a meeting scheduling function that allows you to invite up to six attendees and allows you to schedule a call by completing a digital form. Also, you can record calls and save them for the future. Setting up the GAC2500 is pretty easy and straightforward since it uses PoE to get power directly from an ethernet cord to a wireless VoIP conference phone.
- Best option for any business or organization that is looking for wireless VoIP conference phones at an affordable price
- Fast Wi-fi connectivity
- Requires no power adapters
- Easy integration with third party apps and services
- It is running on the Android platform with the OS version 4.4 which is quite old
- Difficult to run various apps on the same OS version due to the frequent updates
- UI confusing for beginners
- CAT5 connector of the GAC2500 makes wires connected to it prone to kinks and twists
The Grandstream GAC2500 is quite an affordable option for various businesses and organizations who are looking for a quite affordable voice over IP conference phone. However, the user interface or the UI of the GAC2500 is a little confusing or tricky for folks who are not tech-savvy. Also, you should be aware that the CAT5 connector of the GAC2500 makes wires connected to it prone to kinks and twists more often.
2. Yealink CP860
The Yealink CP860 provides HD audio quality with 10 feet and 360-degree voice pickup. The microphone itself has an echo counseling technology that reduces echo at a rate of 320 milliseconds. Moreover, two additional microphones can be added to the side ports. Moreover, this VoIP conferencing phone comes with a price tag of around $475.90.
All the ports on this device are ethernet, DC power USB, and a 3.5-millimeter jack. The 3.5-millimeter plug can be used to connect to a PC or smartphone to make the use of the CP860 speaker and a microphone.
A useful port on this device is the USB that can be configured to record calls directly to the USB for a review on your PC or laptop later. Moreover, you need to know about the best VoIP adapters for Yealink CP860 for optimal performance and effectiveness.
The device has a built-in 1000 entry phone book which can be accessed right from a 192 * 64 pixel backlit LED display. This helps with supporting all standard calling features such as hold, mute, do not disturb, and transfer.
- The Yealink CP860 comes with an android based control panel which makes it easier for users to work and gives the phone a modern touch
- Powerful audio performance
- A concern among users whether Yealink will update the CP960 firmware in the coming years. Since mobile operating systems become outdated quickly, it is a matter of concern.
- Sometimes, technical errors while installing apps on the device
The Yealink CP860 is a great wireless VoIP conference phone considering its usability. Moreover, it features a powerful audio performance from such a small device in the market and an attractive speakerphone.
There has also been a rise in issues where users find it difficult to download their favorite apps to the device. Overall, it is a great device considering the size, budget, and performance altogether.
3. Polycom Soundstation IP 6000
The Polycom Soundstation IP 6000 is an advanced voice over IP conference phone that delivers high-performance quality for small to medium-sized rooms. It comes with a price of $355 in the market.
The Polycom Soundstation IP 6000 features remarkable voice quality with Polycom HD voice and up to 12 feet of range from the microphone. It can cover 20 by 30-foot rooms with the addition of expansion microphones to meet the requirements of larger rooms.
It comes with HD voice and PoE connectivity but also offers call management options to add, mute, and block participants in the call. Included with the Polycom IP 6000 is the ethernet cord. The configuration and setup of Polycom Soundstation IP 6000 are relatively simple and it is similar to using a desktop VoIP phone.
- It is a good speakerphone that doesn’t overcomplicate the basic process with additional add-ons. This may include additional apps and features.
- Provides excellent performance and great sound quality.
- It’s only ideal for smaller conference rooms due to the limitation of the 10-foot microphone pickup range.
The Polycom SoundStation IP 600 is a really good speakerphone with excellent performance and great sound quality. The only hurdle you may face is that it is better suited for smaller conference rooms or huddle rooms. I hope that in the coming time, the company will come with a microphone having a greater pickup range.
4. VTech ErisStation VCS754
The VTech ErisStation VCS754 is a wireless VoIP conference phone that’s easy to use for businesses holding meetings in large spaces. It also comes with an excellent microphone range which is impressively more than 30 feet of range. It comes with a price of $340.
The VTech ErisStation VCS754 features a full-duplex speakerphone base. Moreover, coming with HD quality G.722 wideband audio so you won’t interrupt or override each other on the call. Instead, you will be experiencing two-way conversations that are crisp and clear.
Plus, the ErisStation VCS754 has all the benefits of VoIP one looks for. It also has a built-in USB port which makes it easier using VoIP applications such as Skype and google hangouts easier than ever. You can also quickly connect the ErisStation to a computer to expand your audio.
The wireless mics feature long battery life with up to 8 hours of Talktime and 70 hours of standby. It also comes with magnetic charging bays for mics and comes with a support of up to 3 SIP accounts.
- Users using the VTech ErisStation VCS754 appreciate the detachable microphones that are integrated within the device
- It comes with a USB port which allows you to connect a PC-based softphone with the device
- External accessories such as headsets can be connected to enjoy hands-free communication during any conferences
- ErisStation requires a VoIP service in place to be successful with using the device to its fullest
- It does not come with the call recording functionality which makes it difficult to record audio of your conferences for use or reference in the future.
The VTech ErisStation VCS754 is a good device with detachable microphones. However, users always have a concern of microphones getting lost easily and which costs $70 for the replacement. Overall, it is one of the best VoIP devices in the market.
5. Jabra Speak 510 MS
The Jabra Speak 510 has a unique UFO-like design that is capable of turning the existing smartphone of a user into a portable conference phone at an affordable price. The USB cord is attached with the Jabra Speak itself which is wrapped around it.
The Jabra Speak 510 comes with a case and an adapter. It is not the cheapest speaker in the world but the clarity of it makes a big difference. The Jabra Speak 510 also has the capability of connecting various VoIP phones with Bluetooth capabilities.
It comes with a price tag of $149 in the market. Moreover, the price of a USB dongle costs an additional $30 which allows you to connect to other external devices.
The Jabra Speak 510 MS is a really simple device( a speakerphone). It helps you connect any computer, a smartphone, or a desktop VoIP phone with Bluetooth integrated with it. Easy to carry on the go as it comes with a carrying case. Moreover, it can detect devices to connect within a range of 300 feet.
- Comes with a rechargeable battery having 15 hours of battery life in one full charge
- Setup is easy since it is a Bluetooth speakerphone
- Audio quality during calls is excellent and easy to use
- Offers not a dedicated control panel screen
- No call recording features within the device
- Lacks native video conferencing functionality
The Jabra Speak 510 is a useful conferencing device at an affordable price range and a great option for small businesses. It is easy to carry and the setup and installation are pretty simple. Moreover, the audio quality is excellent during the calls.
On the contrary, you will need to connect a telephony device to it since it is not a VoIP phone and lacks native video conferencing functionality. However, it is a great option on a low budget.
6. Polycom RealPresence Trio 8800
The Polycom RealPresence Trio 8800 features an intuitive, colored touchscreen running on Android OS and calendar integration. Most importantly, it’s an advanced audio that Polycom has ever developed. It also allows you to visually share your own content in the room or participate in the video conference.
The device is great for those organizations that want to hold mass virtual meetings. The device comes with a price of $988.
The control panel of Polycom RealPresence Trio runs on the Android operating system. It is much easier to use and the UI of the device is user-friendly as it is similar to a smartphone running the same OS. You can also integrate webcams with the device to conduct video conferencing calls over Skype or Google Hangouts to name a few.
- RealPresence Trio works seamlessly with Skype for business
- Easily managing meetings using convenient mute keys
- With Polycom noise blocked technology, non-human sounds are automatically muted which helps you focus on collaboration and listen without distraction
- Expensive and price goes up adding wireless receivers and webcams within the setup
- Not a feasible option for small business owners considering the budget
The Polycom RealPresence Trio 8800 is a great device with a very easy setup and use even for beginners. It works really well and gives excellent performance when working with various applications such as Zoom and skype. However, if you are on a low budget, this might not be a good option.
Moreover, certain customers have reported receiving defective handsets while ordering on Amazon. But if you are looking for a great performance and usually conducting mass virtual meetings, this is the best option in the market.
7. Cisco 7832 IP Conference Phone
The Cisco 7832 IP conference phone is a really simple phone to use. It is meant for a small room, maybe a huddle room. It’s got a 360-degree microphone built-in and the mics good for about 7 feet away. So, if you are within a radius of 7 feet around the phone, it should be good and people on the other side will hear you clearly.
It also features technology that helps in the reduction of interference from mobile phones and other wireless devices, assuring clear communications between users without any further distractions. It comes with a price range between $ 545 – 672 in the market.
The Cisco 7832 IP conference phone comes with a footprint design with 360-degree room coverage. Moreover, it has no less than a 7-ft microphone pickup. It comes with a 384* 128-pixel monochrome LCD with backlit LED and anti glare bezel. It has a large mute button for easy access from all sides of the device. The design is in the form of sleek form and approachable materials for a differentiated and modern look.
- Comes with a full-duplex speakerphone which gives you flexibility in placing and receiving calls without using your hands
- Easy decibel level adjustments of the speaker and ringer with the help of volume control toggle
- Incoming message categorization and no interference from mobile phones and other wireless devices
- Best suited for small business owners
- Not the best fit for virtual conferences with a large number of online users
The Cisco 7832 IP conference phone is a great wireless VoIP conference phone providing a lot of features such as Voice Mail, message waiting capability to name a few. It uses VoIP technology to deliver encrypted voice communications for high security and is easy to use. However, it is best suited for small business owners or companies due to certain limitations and is within the budget if you are looking for a good VoIP conferencing phone at a reasonable price.
VoIP conference phones allow you to get the benefit of VoIP technology to its fullest in the conference room meetings. These wireless VoIP conference phones are much affordable and cheaper compared to the traditional landline systems. Moreover, they come with features like high-quality audio.
So, if you are looking for a VoIP device for your business or the team, hopefully this list helps you make the right choice. At the end of the day it all comes down to what helps you meet your business goals.