3 min read
How to Share Screen (Zoom, Teams, Facetime, and Google Meet)
If you’re making a presentation in a virtual meeting, you definitely need to share your screen so the attendees can see your slides. You can choose to share your entire desktop, a specific app, or a single tab. This is a step-by-step guide on how to share your screen on Zoom, Teams, Facetime, and Google Meet from your desktop and mobile apps.
How to Share Your Screen on Zoom
Here are the steps to share your screen on Zoom in a meeting:
- Join or start a Zoom meeting.
- You’ll see a selection of meeting controls. Select the green “Share Screen” icon.
- Choose the screen you want to share on your computer.
- Click “Share”.
How to share your screen on Android
Things are a bit different on Zoom mobile. Here’s how to share your screen on Zoom on your Android device:
- When in the meeting, tap your screen to bring up the menu below your profile.
- Press the share button.
- Swipe down until you get to “Screen”. Tap it.
- Zoom will give some warning. Press “Start now” if you’re ok.
- When you’re done sharing, bring up the menu, then press the “Stop Share”.
How to share your screen on iPhone
Once again, things are a bit different for iOS. Here’s how to share your screen on Zoom on your iPhone.
- Go to the iPhone settings app, press “Control Center” and then “Customize Controls”.
- Go to “Screen Recorder” and turn the green sign to the left.
- In the Zoom meeting. Press the “Share Content”.
- Select “Screen” on the menu that appears.
- Now you need to access the Control Center. Hold down the record button.
- Tap “Zoom” from the Screen Recording options that show up.
- Tap “Start Broadcast”.
- When you’re done, tap the red bar at the top of the screen and tap “Stop”.
How to Share Your Screen on Microsoft Teams
Here’s how to share your screen on Microsoft Teams when in a meeting:
- Join the meeting. Then click the screen-sharing icon at the bottom of the window.
- Select a screen you’d like to share. The screen starts sharing automatically.
- Once done, click ‘stop sharing’ at the bottom.
How to share your screen on Microsoft Teams (iOS / Android)
- In the call, tap the three dots at the bottom of the screen, then tap “Share”.
- Tap “Share screen”. Grant the permission asked.
- Click “start broadcast”.
- Switch to the app you want to share.
- Once done, return to the Teams app and tap “Stop Broadcast”.
How to share your screen on Microsoft Teams Chat
You may want to share your screen while using Teams’ chat, here’s how to go about it:
- Click the screen-sharing icon in the top right corner of the chat.
- Next, select ‘Screen 1’ or the part of your screen you’d like to share.
- Screen sharing begins automatically.
- Once done, click ‘stop presenting’ in the top bar to stop sharing your screen.
How to Share Your Screen on Facetime
How to share your screen in FaceTime on an iPhone or iPad
Here are the steps to share your screen in FaceTime on an iPhone or iPad:
- Start a FaceTime call.
- Tap the Share Content button at the top of the screen.
- Tap Share My Screen. After the countdown, your screen will be shared.
- Other participants should tap Open to Join Screen Sharing to see what you are sharing.
- Once done, tap the Share Content button again.
How to share your screen in FaceTime on a Mac
First, you need to be running macOS Monterey 12.1 or later, and all the participants need to be running macOS 12.1 or later or iOS or iPadOS 15.1 or later, before you can share your screen.
- Start a FaceTime.
- In the call, open an app that you want to share on the call.
- In the menu, click FaceTime and then click the “Screen Share” button.
- In the pop-up window, select Window or Screen depending upon whether you want to share a specific app window or the entire screen.
- Once done, click the FaceTime button in the menu bar and then click “Stop Sharing”.
How to Share Your Screen on Google Meet
Here’s how to share your screen in Google Meet using a computer:
- Join the meeting.
- In the toolbar of icons at the bottom-center of your screen, click “Present Now”
- In the pop-up, choose whether you want to share Your entire screen, A window, or a tab.
- Click “Share”.
- Once done, choose either Stop presenting in the top-right corner of the screen or Stop in the top-left.
How to share your screen in Google Meet using a mobile device
- Join the Meeting.
- In the bottom-right, tap the icon of three vertical dots.
- In the pop-up menu, select Share screen.
- Tap Start Broadcast in the pop-up.
- Your screen is now seen by others in the meeting.
- Once done, tap Stop sharing in the center of your screen, or tap the three vertical dots and select Stop sharing in the pop-up.
Keep Your Meetings Focused With Screen Sharing
In this age of remote work, these teleconferencing tools, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Facetime, and Google Meet, each offer businesses and teams reliable virtual communication options. Among their many features, they allow you to virtually share your screen with other people in the meeting for easier collaboration.
Greg is the product marketer for ULTATEL. He develops and markets products that help people do their best work, and enables the businesses they work for grow their revenue.