What is CPaaS? Communications Platform as a Service Explained
The cloud is an excellent innovation space that has become an indispensable asset in modern-day technology.
Cloud-based platforms have made the use and access to online technologies very seamless, from lightning-fast deployments to easy business scalability.
One of these great cloud-based platform models is CPaaS. Every customer wants better communication channels that are more personalized, real-time responsive, helpful, and available to them 24/7, and this is where CPaaS comes in.
CPaaS lets you choose real-time communications features and add them to your existing business apps and software. This article will explain everything you need to know about CPaaS to scale your customer communication channels.
What is CPaaS (Communication Platform as a Service)?
What does CPaaS mean? CPaaS means Communications Platform as a Service. It is a cloud-based service platform that allows companies to add real-time communications features to their existing applications without writing code or building any back-end facilities.
Using APIs, CPaaS allows you to add text, audio, and video features to your software. This is a fascinating model for companies already using cloud-based technology to improve their communication channels.
Building a full communications stack right from scratch is capital intensive, but a CPaaS provides you with a framework of features without your developers ever needing to build their own.
The CPaaS development framework usually comprises APIs, pre-built CPaas applications, sample code, and other relevant software tools.
CPaaS providers also offer product documentation, chat forums and give technical support for developers through the integration stages.
How Does CPaaS Work?
As mentioned earlier, CPaaS uses APIs to work in tandem with your existing business software. APIs depend on Voice over IP (VoIP) networks to transfer data from one endpoint to another.
This data transfer starts with common triggers like making a phone call, sending a message, or requesting a package status update.
Apart from relying on an experienced team of developers to build custom applications that use APIs, you will also benefit from software that can effectively interact with API endpoints.
Once integrated, your existing communication channels are enhanced, and you can boast of an adequate facility to engage your customers.
CPaaS now automates several functionalities in your day-to-day business activities, allowing real-time communication in your applications.
What are the Advantages of Using a CPaaS?
Some advantages of using a CPaaS are:
1. Business Growth
CPaaS makes it easier to integrate the newest communication solutions into existing applications, allowing companies to accurately assess the results of their communication strategy.
CPaaS is cloud-based, which means that developers can easily add new strategies for connectivity into their systems and applications using APIs for business growth.
In the past, it was expensive and time-consuming to develop custom applications for your workforce. Today, developers can access APIs and CPaaS to speed up time to market, increase productivity and customer satisfaction.
2. Cost Savings
Cost savings has always been one of the most significant benefits of cloud-based solutions. Companies can easily save money on infrastructure and maintenance resources.
With CPaaS, there are different plans and price alternatives that you can choose based on your specific needs. Many providers allow you to pay only for what you use.
A CPaaS also allows multiple customers to use the service simultaneously, each in its distinct and secure environment.
3. Increased Sales
CPaaS also helps companies drive increased sales. SMS automation, one of the communication features of CPaaS, can send promotional messages to customers and remind them of upcoming appointments.
New tech advancements give birth to new customer demands. This can happen relatively fast in the real world. CPaaS keeps the pace up and ensures you are ahead of the curve with innovation. Keeping pace with your audience’s demands means you can evolve and scale an organization.
Consequently, you can optimize your communication channels to suit the needs of your growing customer base.
4. Improved Customer Experience
Thanks to APIs, CPaaS provides a deeper integration of communication features ranging from chatbots, DID numbers and even click-to-dial.
CPaaS applications speed up your customer journey, and make it more engaging by enabling video, audio, and text functionality within existing communication platforms.
Whether you are simply adding a new feature into your existing unified communication stack or making a video conference, modern-day companies can access the full scope of communication possibilities with APIs.
Today, most successful companies understand the importance of a top-quality customer experience, and CPaaS lets businesses cater to their audience needs with the appropriate solutions on time.
CPaaS Market Today
The CPaaS market is a formidable one and CPaaS providers have continued to grow, offering different types of features and services.
According to IDC, the market value for CPaaS by 2024 will be $17.7 billion, which shows a clear trend of market growth, especially considering that in 2016 the CPaaS market was worth around $2 billion.
Additionally, the global enterprise spend on CPaaS has been rapidly rising, to the point where it is set to quadruple by the year 2022, according to Juniper Search.
Organizations from industries as diverse as education, finance, logistics, tourism, Real Estate, and more, are getting great benefits from choosing CPaaS to streamline their communications. At the same time, providers are constantly innovating to remain competitive in this fast-growing business.
What is the Difference Between CPaaS and UCaaS?
Unified communications-as-a-service (UCaaS) and CPaaS, both assist organizations with cloud-based communication features. But, what is the difference between them?
UCaaS gives organizations an all-inclusive cloud communications suite; CPaaS enables them to build new features into their existing technology.
Similarly, UCaaS unifies communications into a seamless experience across devices or locations, while CPaaS uses APIs to help you optimize the front-end customer experience.
Is CPaaS Right For Your Business?
CPaaS is suitable for a business looking to optimize or leverage customer experience through innovation. If your business falls into any of the following categories, then CPaaS is a great tool for you:
- E-commerce: CPaaS supports sales by keeping customers updated on the latest products and promotions through text and email and customizing the messages based on the customer’s previous activity.
- Call Center: CPaaS lets you go beyond only making phone calls to engaging customers across multiple channels, including email, social media, and even video.
- Financial and Health care services: Late or missed appointments can be expensive for businesses in industries like healthcare, financial services, restaurants, and utility companies, to mention a few. CPaaS helps you maintain communications to curb issues of lost appointments.
- Human Resources: With CPaaS, you can conduct interviews and record for later viewing. Also, onboard and train employees through video conferencing.
- ULTATEL: ULTATEL is one of the most reliable communication providers that offer all-inclusive, cloud-based telephony and unified communication solutions. Its innovative cloud-based phone connects the hardware, software, firmware, and other systems into a singular platform with user-friendly navigation that your employees can access smoothly.
- CloudTalk: CloudTalk is an intuitive cloud-based contact center software that was designed especially for sales and support. It is a flexible communication platform that can work efficiently in any environment.
- Avaya: Avaya builds a better customer experience by improving contact center operations. It simplifies contact center operations and improves agent productivity.
- Twilio: Twilio handles disorderly telecom hardware and has a cloud API that developers can interact with to build communications systems. As your application usage scales, Twilio automatically scales with you.
Summary & Takeaways
Enriching communication and increasing engagement with your customers is possible with CPaaS.
For companies looking to offer a top-notch, back-end communication channel as a service to their customers, CPaaS is a recommended tool.
- CPaaS is a cloud-based platform that allows companies to add real-time communications features to their already existing applications
- CPaaS packages have payment options that allow you to pay only for what you use. Plus, you don’t have to pay expensive installation fees and maintenance costs.
- CPaaS is right for your business if you are focused on optimizing customer experience and interested in innovation